Friday, March 7, 2008

Coming Home


We came home from the hospital last night.
It was a little early but it was great to finally
be in our own house and have a good night together.
Austin was so excited when we brought the baby to Grandma
and Grandpa's house. He couldn't wait to show everyone
his new baby. He can even say her name pretty well. We had a
great first night, and she loves sleeping all snuggled up
no matter who it is with, now we just need to get her to
sleep in her comfy cradle. Todd is going to take the next few days
off of work so it will be fun to have everyone home for a few days,
before we have to get back to old grind. I am still a little sore, but
that is expected after having a baby. Each day is getting a little bit
better. I am just thankful for pain medicine, what would we do
without it!


Todd's little brother got his mission call in the mail yesterday,
and we arrived just in time for him to open it
to see where he is going. He is going to the Dominican
Republic and speaking Spanish. He leaves in the middle
of June. This is going to be one busy summer. We have
Todd's sister getting married, my brother getting married,
Kurt (Todd's brother) leaving on a mission, and a
Family reunion. What fun we are going to have.
Congratulations to all and we hope everyone is so happy
with their wonderful decisions.

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Tara Joy said...

Yeah! I wish I was there. Hope you are doing even better. She is so darling and totally looks like Austin but I can really see Christensen in her too. Yeah! I can't wait to see you.

amy g said...

Yay! You guys got to come home! Rakel, you look great! Alayna is seriously so cute, we can't wait to meet her. Hopefully we can come down next week and visit everyone, congratulation again!

Chrissy said...

It is always good to be home!! I hope your baby continues to sleep so that you can get your rest! And you look so good!! Congrats again!!

Perry Family said...

Your baby girl is precious!!! I seriously forget how small newborns are when they first get here...crazy. Enjoy this stage b/c before you know it, she will be turning one!!! Maddox turns one next week and I can't believe it. (you have to remind me, did you have another c-section, or did you have a v-back?) Your summer plans sound so fun! congratulations of everything!!!

JoEllen said...

You look great in this picture, not nearly so tired, although I'm sure you're feeling it! Congrats again to you and the family. Look at you...just getting home and already blogging!

jaesi said...

Congrats to you and your precious little Alayna...whos name I LOVE!
this will be my life in 2 days....a little pink hat in the hospital...yikes!

Christene said...

Wow! You have a lot coming up. You already look great, but don't forget to make them let you sleep, LOTS! You deserve it after working so hard. But it is so nice to be home snuggling in your own bed with your precious little darling.

Mik'L said...

She is so cute! And you look cute too! Call me when you are settled in with her and we'll have to come see her and the house!

Heather B said...

RAKEL!!! I am so happy you have a blog- remember I found ya on Mik'L's blog. Well, CONGRATS on your baby girl!! I have a 6 mo. baby girl and they are sooooooo fun- and your little boy is so handsometoo. So, email me and I will add you to my blog asap. Good to be back in touch! **heatheresplin at yahoo**

UrgentCookie said...

Congrats on your new baby! Congrats to Kurt on the mission call. :0)

Tara Joy said...

I keep checking your blog to see if there are any new picture of the little one or home life now with two. I hope you are doing well. Hopefully we will see you soon but until then, love you.