Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Call Me Silly


I used to pride myself on never shedding a tear. And of course not over a book or movie, something silly like that. Having kids has changed my life dramatically, and when I say drama I mean it. We checked out this book a few weeks ago from the library. We had read another one of her books that Austin loved, "Thunder Cake" so we decided to try this one. I had no idea of what to expect, but it was a good book. A little bit longer that I would have expected but Austin sat through the whole thing, everytime. And of course by the end I was crying everytime! It is a good one, try it out. Any book recommendations for me?

4 comments:

Tara Joy said...

Oh do we have the book recommendations! I have a child that would eat, sleep, and drink books if he could. Knuffle Bunny is one of my all time favorites but anything by Mo Williams is pretty clever (I think I have suggested him to you before). My kids just picked out a book from the library this past week called Rodeo Ron and His Milkshake Cows. They think it is pretty hilarious. Library Lion is classic. If I built a Car by Chris Van Dusen is like gold at our house but just about anything he writes it incredible. Here are some more in no order:
ALEXANDER AND THE TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY
CLICK, CLACK, MOO : COWS THAT TYPE
CORDUROY
DUCK ON A BIKE
GO AWAY, BIG GREEN MONSTER!
MISS NELSON IS MISSING!
THE TRUE STORY OF THE THREE LITTLE PIGS BY A. WOLF
NO, DAVID!
GOOD NIGHT, GORILLA

Tara Joy said...

Sorry I had to post one more. You can't be a mom and send a child to school without first reading The Kissing Hand with them. Priceless!

jaesi said...

sounds like a great book.

we checked out some clever books the other day-
Im not sure who the author was but they were a series-
diary of a fly
diary of a spider
diary of a worm

oh and Pinkalicous.

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

I seriously have an entire library at my house... children's books are my biggest weakness. I love to read them to my kids. Garrett is 12 and Grant is 10 and I still read to them every night. If you ever want to save yourself a trip to the library, come on over and borrow some from me. I don't even charge late fees!