Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Alayna is now 2!


Alayna falling asleep on her favorite toy.

Alayna's birthday cake, I decided to give the fondant a go! I had a lot of fun.

Sporting her baby, purse and diva glasses.(upside down of course)




Wow, how the time has flown, but it is here. Alayna has finally turned 2. She has had the attitude of a 2 year old for the last few months, just to get us used to what is to come, but I have to say she is a pretty low key little girl. We love her and her cute little personality. Here are a few things about our little girl.

1. She loves anything that mommy says is pretty!
2. She loves babies, real or fake they are both the coolest things ever.
3. She follows Austin around everywhere
4. She is a spunky little thing and will defend her territory without a moments notice.(watch out when she starts to grit her teeth)
5. If she finds a purse, she has to put it on her arm. I think she has had up to 3 on at once, with a baby in the other hand(good practice for having the real thing someday, huh)
6. She now will start to clap her hands if I say we are doing something that she loves.
7. Those infamous words (I DO IT)
8. She loves to sing, and knows quite a few songs( favorite is bookof mormon stories) My favorite is her holding up devil horns for the "all about the lamanites" part. We have been working on the bunny ears, but it has not totally caught on.
9. She truly is a funny girl, she continues to amaze me
10. She has a smile that is very contagious
11. She got a scooter from santa and loves to ride it, yet you will find her walking down the sidewalk dragging it behind her, because she is holding a baby too!
12. She loves girl things, but really she can get down and dirty with the boys too! She loves to wrestle, kick the ball in the back yard, dig in the dirt and climb on the jungle gyms.
13. She is starting to know the colors, but her favorite of course PINK
14. She loves shoes, and putting them on all by herself, I can always tell that she has taken her shoes off when I get her out of her car seat because they are on the wrong feet.
15. She loves cereal, you can often find her closing herself in the pantry to find the good stuff, which I now keep on the top shelf.
16. Her favorite toys include, the magnadoodle, baby (of course), toy kitchen, and her toy purses.

Well those are just a few fun things about her! Hope you love her just as much as we do!



Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Bobbi Simkins said...

glad to see you are still alive out there! such a cute little girl. good job on the cake!

Heather B said...

She is adorable. The cake looks amazing!

Debbie 'n Gary Talbot said...

Happy Birthday Alayna! that is an awesome cake by the way!

amy g said...

I thought about little Alayna all day on her birthday! I can't believe she is two! So weird. That cake rocks, you are so talented--sewing, cake decorating, cooking, sheesh! I need some lessons! I love how funny Alayna is, such a crack up! Those cute little beaver teeth, I love it! Glad to see you guys had fun celebrating! Hope to see you soon!

Unknown said...

Your cake turned out GORGEOUS! Did mom tell you we are coming up? Can't wait to see you.

JoEllen said...

Oh my gosh, 2 already? She is such a beautiful little toddler!

I have to agree, your cake is totally awesome. Good job!

Anda said...

can't believe she is already 2! wow does time fly. I love your cake, you are such a good baker!!

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

A new post!! Yay! She is so adorable. I love the purse and baby obsession she has. The cake was darling. Those pictures do not do it justice. It was way cuter in real life. You amaze me.

Perry Family said...

Wow, she is so cute!! I can't believe she's two already!! I love the cake, its so perfect for a two yr old girl, beautiful and sweet!

Mindy said...

She is adorable. And that cake is to die for...how do you do it?

Melinda said...

She is so cute! Glad she had a fun birthday...I now I am a little late but I thought about her on the 4th! Good job on the cake, it looks awesome!

LivingstonClan said...

I swear I commented on this one! Good to "see you" back to blogging again--missed you lady! Alayna is a doll--I cannot believe she's 2! Time really does fly by.