My brother got married in Manti this weekend. So we drove up for that, and then they had a open house in my parents backyard the next day( which turned out great). My mom went to a lot of work for that. It was fun to have everyone together, but I have to say I am quite exhausted from the trip up and back in one day. Todd also got to change a tire on the side of the freeway. He hasn't done that since we have been married. Yeah our tire split on the way home, it was quite scary since we didn't know what was going on, we are just glad that we were kept safe.

Austin with his wedding punch face(and shirt) We practically had to pull him out of the fountain earlier, he was soaked head to toe, but he sure had fun.

Most of the cousins

Austin and Alayna Cheesin it on Sunday morning

The newlyweds Brett and Genae

My Mom and Dad

Austin and Todd at the Manti Temple

Barry bretton (cousin) and Alayna

My sisters Marcee and Tara

Austin and COusin Tyler at wedding luncheon having fun with the booster chairs

Mom and Alayna sporting their wedding attire

Just a cute picture

Cousin Tyler showing off his suit, what a cutie.
We have had quite the month of May and I have been too busy to give a post. So here we go for the month of may so far. We had the kids Dr. Check ups and the beginning of the month and they both passed with flying colors, except for the fact that Austin had his first ear infection and I didn't even know it. I felt so bad. They also got their shots, and along with that came a sweet tender moment that I would like to share. Austin got his shots first, and of course he was very mad at me afterward, his little legs hurt and we finally got him calmed down, so the nurse gave Alayna her shots. She started crying so hard, and as Austin watched her cry, he started crying too! He seemed so upset that the nurse was hurting her too. Then of course my eyes start to water too, not only was it so cute so see your son have so much compassion for another, but it is hard to see your children go through pain. My heart goes out to those moms who have kids with health problems, because I just get emotional at shot time!
Alayna was also blessed on Fast Sunday. I didn't get pictures, just of her in her blessing dress after. Ooops! I forgot to take pictures at Austin's blessing too. We had everyone there to help bless, except Todd's parents, Who were on the trip of a lifetime in Israel. They brought us back a cool Liahona carved out of Olive wood. We had a little dinner afterwards, not too much but it was good to have everyone come down for the occasion.


Austin finally has gotten the hang of riding his tricycle that he got from santa clause. He is so excited to ride it. He gets a little bit better each day.
I also had a great mother's day, Todd and Austin got me some fun kitchen stuff , including a small chocolate fountain. They made me Waffles and just had a great morning. Thank you honey for a great day, Austin also made me a card in nursery. He was so proud to give it to me. We tried out the chocolate fountain a few days later, and it turns out Austin loves it too. He was having so much fun dipping all the goodies that he didn't want to go to bed that night. We used peanut butter chips instead of chocolate since Alayna doesn't like it when I eat chocolate. DARN! But the Peanut butter was awesome too!
9 comments:
WOW! Busy month! And it's only half way over, one more wedding. Alayna has changed so much already, what a doll, we can't wait to see all of you in a coupld of weeks!
What a beautiful girl she is Rakel! Looks like yuo guys have been having lot's of fun, and keeping busy. I wish we could have made it to your blessing. We are heading to Disneyland on Saturday--can we stop & see you guys?
Looks like life is good! Love all the new pics! see you in a week!
Alayna is sooooo beautiful. I love her blue eyes.
I cant give up my precious chocolate and caffeine when Im pregnant and nursing....like it or not! those babes have to get used to it!
I love Alayna's little wedding dress! And I forgot that you had a sister named Marcee, and Brett is just as cute as ever, can't believe he's married!
I loved the picture of Alayna and Austin before church. That one is a real keeper. I am sure glad this past week is over!
I love family events such as weddings and blessings, and everyone gathers for it! What a great time, and big effort for your mom! I love all the pictures. She is quite the doll face:)
You have such a cute family!Glad you guys are doing good! Sounds like you have been keeping busy.
BTW we finally MOVED!!!
I will e-mail the address to you.
What a fun month. It's good to see you guys having a fun time with your family. These are such precious times. They seem to fly by. I keep thinking I need to just keep my eyes open all the time to catch everything!
Post a Comment