Friday, June 6, 2008

Big boy turns 2!

Yay! Austin turned 2 last month and he had so much fun. I really tried to hype it up for him, so he would understand the big day. We went to the grocery store and I let him pick out some balloons. After he went to bed the night before, we decorated the house. He had a really great day and when grandma and grandpa showed up with the presents, then he really got it! We couldn't stop him once he started. He was so good at blowing out the candles that we had to light them 3 times before the "happy Birthday" song was over. He had practiced that one alot.

Uncle Cade and Austin playing with his new soccer goal, from grandma and grandpa

IN HONOR OF HIS BIRTHDAY
Here are a few things that I love about Austin and a few of his accomplishments this last year:

1. every morning when he wakes up he wants to nuggle (without the s) he even has his special nuggling blanket.

2. He loves to sing, and also loves to finish the song that I am singing. I also hear him making up his own songs too!

3. He is a milkaholic, yep that stuff is pretty addicting

4. He is such a helper around the house, helps clean up his toys. I think his favorite thing is to throw the laundry into the washing machine, and also push the button on the dryer.

5. He has so much energy! He has to run everywhere, and it is pretty hard to catch him, he is a fast little bugger.

6. He loves to line everything up, shoes, blocks, cars, little papers, balls, rolls of toilet paper...

7. He is good at helping me tear up the junk mail :)

8. He is so sweet to his little sister, and always gives her kisses.

9. He is a fast learner and loves to read books, as long as he is in charge.

10. Can ride his tricycle and make a basket in his basketball hoop.

11. He loves mickey mouse, curious george and playing outside.(especially in the dirt or water)

12. Did I say he liked curious george?

13. He moved to a big boy bed, quite effortlessly and loves it, whenever visitors come over he has to show them his bed.

14. He loves to color and write, I would love to know what he is writing.

15. He loves his church shoes, whenever we say it's time to get ready for church he always runs to get his shoes. I do think he likes to get all dressed up to go, not so much all the other stuff (aka nursery).

16. His favorite food is cereal, I think he could eat it for every meal. I guess I should just be happy that he is eating something.

9 comments:

Melinda said...

THat was fun to read and it was good to see you guys! I'm glad we could be there for Austin's b-day! And it was fun shopping with ya! :) See ya in a few weeks!

Heather B said...

He sounds so adorable, what a cute little personality. I love that he wanted to blow out the candles three times.

Tara Joy said...

So cute. I loved to read all that information about Austin. We don't see him as much as we would like. Love the shoes and the picture where you are holding the camera of the two of you, I totally see Vallie in him. Happy Birthday Austin!

Perry Family said...

Happy Birthday Austin!! What a cutie. I love how he lines everything up, Bryanna still does that! THanks for your sweet comment, that was so nice of you!

Mik'L said...

Happy Birthday to Austin! I cannot believe it's been 2 years! Crazy. I love the pic of the lined up shoes...hilarious.

JoEllen said...

Happy Birthday to your adorable big boy!! I was thinking of you guys this weekend as we were passing through St. George. We went to Buckskin Gulch this weekend. Remember when we went there after the Grand Canyon? It was gorgeous and the whole trip made me miss you guys. Austin is darling and I love the picture of the two of you together! So sweet.

Christene said...

Oh, wonderful highlights of Austin! He's great! Happy birthday Austin!

Nadine said...

that is so funny how he lined up all of your shoes. it must be the age or something because brener always lines things up too.

Jennica and Mitch said...

He is so cute! I can't believe he is 2 already! I love that he lines things up! I was cracking up when I saw the picture! Too cute! Hope all is going well with you guys!