Well it is time for the garden to start ripening and being able to enjoy the fruits of our labors is what it is all about. We have a lot of work still to be done to improve our garden. We decided to start out small and grow a few more things each year. This year we started with peppers, basil and tomatoes. Next year we plan on adding beets and squash. We picked our first peppers last week and our first few tomatoes today, they are called Sun sugars and their name fits them perfectly. They are so sweet and delicious. My dad has grown these for a few years and can't seem to keep the grandkids from raiding them. They are the best, and do well in the heat which is a must. These are ripe when they are orange, Austin gobbled all of them up, and then wanted more. I was trying to explain that we have to wait for more to ripen, so hopefully it won't take too much longer. Austin has enjoyed the garden this year, and especially the one at grandpa's house. He has raided the pea patch several times, gobbled up all the yummy apricots and peaches, and eats the green beans raw as I am getting them ready for dinner. He is our little fruit and veggie eater. He also liked the beets this year, because they are so sweet and taste like candy. It's all about finding the right variety for your family. Happy gardening to ALL!
Random Angie
9 years ago





7 comments:
Your family has a gift of the green thumb! Our gardner, however, was pulled up by our yard keeper because to fix a sprinkler that hasn't worked for years!!! it made me and my neighbor so mad. Anyway, can't wait to see you guys this coming week! That picture of Austin is so cute!
Super cute changes to your background. Austin's teacher did a great job with the picture. We have tomatoes out the WAZOO! I can't give them away fast enough cause we had like 50 wild plants come up but we don't have any sun sugars (Barry Bretton's favorite)
My garden doesnt look like that. I planted 4 tomato plants and 2 died and 2 are hanging on for dear life...Im hoping to get at least one tomato sandwich out of it.
Hey Rakel! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! We just got back from being out of town and I didn't want to call too late, so I thought I would jump on your blog and tell you. I hope you had a great day! Let's get together for lunch!
I love that you have a garden and actually have things grow in it!! I will have to take note and start one next year! All those veggies sound delicious!
I can't believe you have tomatoes already! What a great GARDNER you are--haha. We're excited to see you guys this week!
Nichole has been helping me figure out this blog stuff...so I am trying to catch up on everyone's blogs. I loved reading yours. I promise to keep my blog more updated and read yours religiously.
Post a Comment