Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Resilience

Okay so I have been at my wits end the past few days. I just wanted to write and say it is a good thing kids are so resilient. In my mad rush to get things done this morning, trying to get the kids dressed and actually put some clothes on today, I leave Alayna and Austin alone for a second so I can get things ready to go. Next thing I know Alayna is crying in the other room, so I come out and what do I FIND? Yep, Austin has rolled Alayna over on her tummy and is riding her like a horse! I couldn't believe it. Yes she is all right now, and yes I was pretty mad, but now that I have had time to actually think about what had happened, I can chuckle a little bit! It is just a good thing kids are a lot more tough than we give them credit for.

13 comments:

jeny said...

Let me be the first to tell you...it will happen again, and again. You're right they are resiliant. You just have to remember that and you won't loose your mind:)

Beka didn't take our family pic, but she did do the pic of Anna.
She is great!!

amy g said...

HAHAHAHAHA! oh Austin, how he cracks me up.

thanks for the anniversary wishes!

The fly-fisherman said...

I love it! It gives me hope knowing my kids aren't the only ones who do things like that. Yes kids are tough... they can roll off beds as newborns, get dragged across the floor by older siblings, have toys thrown at them by other kids... and yet still survive. That is why kids birthdays are so important- as parents we can't believe they survived to see another one.

The fly-fisherman said...

BTW- cute new blog background. It is very darling.

Marilene said...

oh my goodness! good thing she was fine! kids are so crazy sometimes. but it made me laugh!

Marilene said...

forgot to say, cute design!

Bobbi Simkins said...

how funny! poor alayna!

Perry Family said...

That is so funny but kind of scary at the same time! I've had those moments too...and of course, I still get a little angry because they throw my off guard so much! I don't know why I don't expect these things to happen, but they always do!! :)

Tara Joy said...

So funny! This is why I love that you blog. I would have never known about things like this if you didn't and then Austin can look back when he is 20 and be so embarassed to think he did something like that.

LivingstonClan said...

Funny--and it's only just begun! There is a reason we don't remember being babies you know. I don't know where you wanted my comment about my favorite Disneyland ride, but for sure Indiana Jones! My kids also really loved Thunder Mountain, and Tower of Terror (California Adventure) Oh, and the California Screaming rollercoaster! Austin is not tall anough for those, but you & Todd can switch off, they have a stroller pass so you don't have to wait in line. We want to go back again--we all had so much fun!

Nadine said...

if it makes you feel better...i think brener is just as bad. i caught him shoving fruit snacks down dexton's throat. poor little guy didn't poop for 2 days.

Christene said...

That's so crazy! And Funny, you have to admit. It's a huge fright when you come out hearing your baby crying to find the culprit is your older child. I have really had to be careful to weigh the real dangers so I don't overreact, or punish the wrong person (now that they're older and Peyton causes as much trouble as she receives). You're doing great!

Anonymous said...

oh man... like we were saying on saturday, the second baby is made of steel.... Payton has gotten so ruff. It gets hard to remain calm. Thanks for all your help on saturday....also thanks for coming, i'm glad you guys hung out afterwards!!