Alayna is 6 months now and I just can't believe it. My mom gave me this dress last week and so I had to have Alayna wear it before she gets too big. This was my dress when I was a baby, but Alayna looks much cuter in it. She is so much fun, and has the entire world to explore since she has started army crawling already. She is learning a ton each day, most of which comes from me and her brother, since we are the ones around the most. She is saying dada, but no mama which has me upset but of course we will survive. She hates baby food and I have yet to find something that she just loves, so each mealtime is an adventure, I used to be able to sneak a bite in her mouth when we got her to laugh or smile and now she sees me coming with the spoon and just seals her lips just as tight as can be, but if she see a cheerio or a cracker she will open so wide. I guess I can't blame her, I wouldn't be too big on eating that stuff day in and day out. She loves to clap her hands and we have been trying to get her to wave, and she has already started to torture her brother by wanting to play with everything that he has.
As for Austin we tried "THe potty training in a day" method and needless to say he is still in diapers. After throwing a fit for an hour and a half straight, I gave up, nothing is worth that craziness and frustration. So for now we will just have to take baby steps to becoming a big boy. My sister gave me a few tips, So I am open for suggestions.
We replanted our lawn last weekend, so hopefully in a few weeks our lawn will be looking top notch and we will not longer be the embarrassment of the neighborhood. Wish us luck. Todd also go his Christmas present a few months early, but if you want to know what it is, I guess you will have to drop by sometime. Hehe, we love visitors.
Another thing that just happened recently, is what parenting is all about and knowing that your kids are actually listening to you. Todd always puts Austin to bed at night, the usual ritual goes something like this: Bath, pajamas, toothbrush, prayers, turn out the lights and sing songs. Todd has his usual songs that he always sings, including "I am a Child of God", which we have sang to him every night since he was a baby. Well a few weeks ago, Austin sang it, start to finish, to Todd before he went to bed. To all you who know Todd, you know how much music means to him. This was one of those moments for us that was so sweet, and brought sweet tears of tenderness to our eyes. For all those frustrating days, there is always one moment, that sweeps all those others out of the way, to let us know what life is really all about. Thank you for the tender mercies of children and what they bring to our lives.





15 comments:
I heard men chose dada to mean them since it is usually a kids first words, so don't feel bad! :) Sounds like you guys are doing good! We need to go to lunch/dinner sometime!
BTW, how did you do that cute blog title and pic at the top?
She is adorable! It always surprises me how fast my kids have grown, it's just not fair!:) I love that dress on her too!
Great pics! I just love those moments of tenderness. Thanks for sharing. :0)
OH man, we miss your kids! Austin singing to Todd is such a cute story. Alayna is turning into a little lady! ah, they are getting so big! We can't come visit so you might just have to tell us what Todd's Chrsitmas present is! My guess is a TV?
I am finally getting around to catching up on everyone's blogs! Love yours! Thanks!
Dada was Kalia's first too...like Mik'L said, it just must be WAY easier to make that sound, right? :) She is so adorable and looks so much like you. How sweet to hear Austin sing that song back to you guys. Those are seriously the best moments of parenthood for sure.
Love our little Cougar fans! Some times it seems too bad they have to grow up so fast! Alayna is so cute! I love the headbands.
Alayna looks so cute in that dress. She is so sweet.
All three of my kids said "dada" first. The worst part was... they called Russ, Dad and me, Kori... not mom, mommy or mama. I always felt like the step-mom. Gracie wouldn't eat any kind of solid food until she had teeth. She didn't cut her 1st tooth until after her first birthday. I feel your pain. It'll work out eventually. Now Gracie eats anything and everything.
I loved that post. I think every child should be sung to at night. And as soon as Alyana (sp) can eat real food she will be loveing it cause you can cook like no bodies business.
So I was over at your house.did Todd get a halloween witch from Krumpets? Thats all I saw.
Also, I was a huge believer of not rushing the potty training thing. It can be way to frustrating for both the kids and the moms if you push it. For Kinley I posted a sticker chart right above the toilet and everytime she went she posted a sticker. For Christian I put a (sealed) jar of M-n-Ms on the toilet and everytime he went he got one...and that was that.
Ohhhh...your boys are sooooo sweet! Little Sal has just started trying to sing along with us when we sing and it is pretty cute! I can't believe that Austin can sing the whole song all by himself! That is awesome. My sister has a dress like the one on your little girl that was yours. Those must have been popular back in the day. Did someone make it for you? Alayna is adorable.
i love the byu fans pic. alayna looks so much like you. what a doll.
Hi Gardners. Hope you remember us. We are former South Salt Lake/Miller Ward folks. We found your blog checking out other's blogs. Your blog looks great and you got a good looking family. You can check out our blog at www.catanderson2000.blogspot.com. Trent and Cally.
That picture of her in that dress that used to be yours is priceless. I found an old dress of mine, but Aspen was too big when I found it - so I never got a picture.
How precious! There is something so special about these little ones! I love that your baby girl is getting so big! As far as potty training, my biggest advice would be to relax. I thought I would be a supermom and have Carter potty trained in a moment, but he was NOT ready. The next time around I was a lot more relaxed and it was so much easier. Rewards are also great, but they decide when they're going to do it. Good luck!
Post a Comment