I made our usual halloween treat today and I think that I found the way to make the perfect caramel apple. We make these every year on the week of halloween for a special treat.
What you will need:
4 apples
14 oz bag of caramels
4 skor bars crushed or your favorite candy crushed
I just crush the candy bars in the wrapper with a rolling pin, holding the candy bar on it's side, and then dump them in a bowl. So I have found that the best way to do it is with cold apples. They have to be cold so that the caramel sets on the apples and doesn't drip off after you dip it. So refrigerate your apples until the are good and cold. Heat the caramels in the microwave or in a pan on the stove with about 1 TBsp of water. If you heat the caramel in the microwave let it sit for about a minute so it isn't so runny. Dip your cold apple in the caramel and then scrape the bottom access off and then dip in the crushed up Skor bar. Put it on a wax piece of paper sprayed with pam, and refrigerate for an hour or so. My favorite way to serve them is by cutting them in 8 wedges, then every bit has all that yummy goodness! Let me know what you think!
Random Angie
9 years ago





5 comments:
mmmm...I will have to give this a try!
Sounds yummy!! Where are the pics of your masterpiece??? You are such a good cook!
mmm...sounds good.
Yummy! I have been looking for a good recipe to make for Halloween, I'll let you know how it goes. Haven't heard from you in a while--how are things going?
Hey Rakel! Ya I found you! How are things? Your family is so cute! Those treats sound so yum-o! (RR)
Post a Comment