Saturday, November 1, 2008

All Hallows Eve.


Mama's little Devil showing off his Pitchfork before we started trick or treating.


Todd was a good sport and took the kids around our street, Austin had a lot of fun and remembered to say Trick or treat! Then we went to Todd's parents house to show off the kids' costumes, and had dessert, my spooky graveyard pudding with oreos for tombstones and whip cream for ghosts and more oreos crushed up for dirt and lots of gummy worms to make it extra spooky. I forgot to take a picture before we ate it, but it was good.


We went to Dixie Middle School to trick or treat in the morning, and the kids had a blast, here is alayna playing on the lawn after we are done, I gave her a sucker and let her have at it. She was so excited she gobbled it up and just rocked back and forth because she was so excited.

Here is our group of kids, Austin and Alayna and our friend Brayden. They couldn't wait to dig into the loot. The rest of the day was quite busy, attending meetings and getting things done around the house and making my mom's delicious Pear and Cherry JAM!! It is to die for, one of our family favorites. I just hope that it turns out as good as hers. I went to the grocery store to find some pumpkins and the guy that I asked where the pumpkins were said they were gone, and it was like looking for a christmas tree on christmas day. Okay JERK! Do you not carry any pumpkins for Thanksgiving or what! Then we burned up with chili and corn bread for dinner that night. It was not the weather for that, but we ate it anyway. I guess we should have gone with the HALLOWEENIES! (our family tradition). It was a great halloween, no tramatic experiences ( halleluja!) but I am glad it is over anyway.

17 comments:

Heather B said...

They look so cute! Your dessert sounds divine.

So the code letters that I have to type in (to leave a comment on your blog) spell something this time, and it's "unnice"-- just like that mean guy at the store.

JoEllen said...

Your kid's costumes are adorable!

Perry Family said...

Love the devil and angel idea...adorable!! And that dessert sounds amazing!

Tara Joy said...

So cute. I totally remember Brett in that devil costume. I had no idea he was so little when he wore it. Funny how perception changes when you grow old. Your kids are so cute and I am glad it was a success.

Christene said...

Kay, they looked too cute! It is nice to have Halloween over, huh? Good stuff to come.

Debbie 'n Gary Talbot said...

hello. it was fun hanging out with you guys yesterday! our blog is debngarytalbot.blogspot.com

Tara and David said...

Your kids are so stinkin cute! I love the angel and devil!

Nadine said...

what do they do at dixie middle? i've never heard of anything. they look so cute.

Marilene said...

so fun! i love that you have the little devil and the little angel!

Melinda said...

oh they look so cute!! What a cute horse! haha Looks like you had a good time and I am sad we missed out on the family festivities!!

amy g said...

oh they are so cute!! Alayna is getting so big! I can't believe it! sorry about the pumpkins. There are lots up here in Logan.

See you guys at Thanksgiving!

Tara and David said...

changed blog address to taradave.blogspot.com

Tara and David said...

Hey Rakel, there is a Panthera Reunion with Sheri Hill on sat. Novemeber 29th. It is an open house from 11am-2pm at Cox' house 1132 s. 2670 e.
Bring a healthy dish to share, pictures of family, old pantherea videos/pictures.
If you have any contact with other pantheras who were on the team until 99' would you mind passing this on. Or you could leave me a comment on my blog at taradave.blogspot.com with their email address and I will forward the email on to them. Thanks ,Kid

Mindy Blake said...

hello friend! i love the devil and angel. so cute. so guess what?!?! our ward split and they not only called me to primary, but also into the enrichment commity and in charge of crafts! lol...guess what they want to start first!?! QUIET BOOKS! i am so going to know where you got everything!!!seriously, i can't belive it!!!anyways ya, if you wouldn't mind, give me a call so i can pick your brain!!!talk to you soon. :)

Kristine said...

Things have been so crazy I am now catching up on the blogs! Loved the photos! I am going to have to try the carmel apples. Thanks for fasting and all for me! I love you guys! Mom G

Unknown said...

hey i set my blog to private so i need your email address

Tara Joy said...

OKAY, I know you have things to blog about. Where are you?