Thursday, January 15, 2009

There is so much that Has been going on over the last few months, so this is going to be a long post to catch you up on everything that has been going on. Well for december anyway. We had a great snow storm before christmas so Austin had a blast playing in the snow. Austin and his friend Brayden on the sled, you can tell they are freezing but having too much fun, we didn't stay out much longer.



Cade pulling Austin on his sled at Cox park. They had fun going down the little hill.

Daddy and Austin had to get their hands cold in the snow and make a snowman of course, But mostly Todd built the snow man and Austin had fun throwing snow at him while he was working on it. They also had a little snow fight with the neighbors. It was everyone against Todd, but of course they had fun.

Here is one of the few pictures that I took on Christmas Morning of Alayna with her Shopping Cart. She has caught right on to walking around with it.




Here is Austin playing with his Train from Santa, He has loved it so much and was so into playing with it that he didn't want to open of his other presents, which is probably normal at this age. We had a great morning and Todd got his blu-ray player that he was wanting so badly. I had battle wounds from the morning fight at walmart black friday. Probably won't do that again, but thanks for going with me Melinda.
We went to Disney land, and had a great time. I thought that maybe the kids would be a little too young, but it is confirmed, I don't think that anyone is the wrong age for Disneyland. Here are the boys sporting their pirate hats that we got from the New Orleanes Cafe, we went to great lengths to get our Monte Cristo Sandwich at our trip to disney, and it was well worth it.

Austin Loves Mickey mouse and sleeps with him every night but when it came to seeing Goofy he had to stand in line to get a picture with him. Too bad his big nose is coving his face. I think our favorite rides were all the ones decked out for Chrismas, the Haunted Mansion and Its a Small world were so captivating. We also went on buzz light year a few times, but I think that Monsters, Inc was the ride that we went on the most which I think was like 4 times or something. Then we had to pry Austin off the ride the last time through, He loved it.

Austin and cousin Vallie got along great the whole trip, and here is a little picture of them having to hold hand throughout the trip.


These next few are at the beach just right down from our hotel, we ended up taking the kids down there for the afternoon and the weather was great, and not a soul in sight. Here are my attempts to get creative with my photos.







So danty

Austin at the Newport temple, Taking time to smell the flowers

11 comments:

LivingstonClan said...

Thanx so much for the update--your kids are getting SO big! Looks like you had fun at Disneyland--it really is the Magic Kingdom. We can't wait to go back.

Tara and David said...

Your kids are so sute! I love seeing all your pistures!

The fly-fisherman said...

I am so excited to see a new post. I have missed your posts the last few months. You have such a cute family. I love the pictures from the beach and Disneyland... it makes me so homesick for California (of course those are the only two things I miss about California. Oh, I do miss the authentic Mexican food too. Mmmm.)

Ashlee said...

Hey Rakel. This is Ashlee. I used to work in the cubicle next to Todd at AMTI. I was just looking at your new picture and wanted to see how you guys are doing. Austin has gotten so big and Alayna is so cute! I hope everything is going good for you guys. Tell Todd I said hello.

Mindy said...

Love the update. You really are a good mom. And the pictures of the feet in the sand at the beach are what I always do...its great to have that memory.
Whats the deal with the Monte Cristo sandwhich at Disneyland? Did I miss something?
And finally was Todd happy and suprised with the blue ray and is it that much better? I still cant belive the bruises you got for it...I wish you would have taken a picture of them.

JoEllen said...

Your beach pictures turned out beautiful!! I love little sandy feet pictures, they're so cute.

We're so glad that we were able to see you guys and hang out a minute. We must do so again soon.

Tara Joy said...

Okay, I have those same jammies that Alayna is wearing on Christmas morning for Vallie. Great minds must really think alike.

Perry Family said...

So glad you returned to the blogging world! I LOVE the snow pics and the beac pics...you are great behind the lens! what kind of camera do you have? i am in desparate need of a new one!

Mindy Blake said...

oh my goodness they are getting sooooooo big! i have hear of that but never really checked into it too much. I am excited to get together this week! Can't wait to get some pointers :) talk to you soon!

Mindy Blake said...

so i got the count back today. 15 for sure and then a possible 3 more that i will now tomorrow. my friend is checking to see if her sister in laws would want one so i will call her tomorrow to find out for those three. how many did you have going when you did this? would you be bale to get together tuesday like around 3 or what is your schedule like? :) talk to you soon!

amy g said...

HAHA, i love that picutre of Aust smelling the flowers! mmm, I too got the MOnte Cristo sandwich at that restaurant by the Pirates ride, SOO GOOD!! Looks like you guys ha a blast! I'm still jealous that we couldn't go with you, haha! OH yeah and your pictures turned out cute, good job! Way to take one for the team you black friday warrior!