Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Little Helper

So my house has been a complete disaster lately so Monday I finally decided to buck up and spent some good time on it to clean it well. Here is a picture of the kids going through my bathroom cupboard making ONE (of many) of their little daily messes. As you can see they unwrapped the entire box of Tampons and Alayna is eating one. I just about died, when I walked into this. YOu know that when it is pretty quiet with two babies in the house that nothing good can come of it, yesterday I was trying to get something else done and they had ripped apart the ENTIRE office. NO pictures of that one. Austin is a really good helper, at least most of the time. I guess he was in a pretty silly mood yesterday because I was vacuuming and turned around to pull it closer and saw Austin riding on it. Then he proceeded to help me take all the clean clothes out of the dryer, by climbing in and throwing them out, making sure he made a big explosion noise with each one as he threw it into the basket. He is definately the big helper around the house and even lets alayna know when she is stepping out of line, I guess I will have to break him of that one. I keep telling him he isn't the one in charge, But you know 2 year olds, they are all in charge.



12 comments:

LivingstonClan said...

At least you can seem to laugh about it. I ama firm believer in that quote that says "Cleaning the house while children are growing is like shovelling the walks while it's still snowing!" It is insane trying to keep a clean house with crazies running all wround destroying it right beind you. Just the other day as I was trying to clean up, I told Mike I was sorry he didn't marry someone who kept a perfectly clean house, and he said he doesn't expect me to. I added E for effort though right?! I love the Tampon thing too--once my kids got to an entire package of pantyliners and stuck them everywhere, like stickers or something. Nice. And we wanted this?!

Camille {Sugar Baby Boutique} said...

haha i love it! Those pictures are way too cute!!

Melinda said...

That is hillarious! I love the pic! PRICELESS! Wedding video pic for sure! haha And thanks for the exciting package! haha I totallt forgot about it:0

Perry Family said...

Train 'em while they're young! They will always be your helpers it looks like! Getting them motivated to help now is so easy! Except they do make a few messes along the way. Maddox dumped ALL the dog food and his water ALL over my kitchen floor yesterday while I was upstairs getting ready. All I could do was laugh while I was cleaning!

amy g said...

oh, Austin's face is priceless in the first picture! haha, what cute kids, wished we lived closer so we could play!

Unknown said...

your life seems like ours! The older mine get the more two terrors i have!!! Oh the joys of the spotless clean house are GONE!!! Hope you guys are doing good:)

JoEllen said...

Who doesn't like to chew on a little cotton every now and then!?

Tara Joy said...

Little boys and tampons! What is with that. Barry still remembers the time he got in trouble for playing with his "bomb detinator" and couldn't understand how something so cool could be off limits to play with.

Bobbi Simkins said...

ha ha ! he is such a little character!

Mindy said...

I love your kids. I vaugley remember the chaos of two little ones. It was really bad some days when I did not even know what day it was let alone the time. Now my clean house sits empty most the day and I miss the chaos!

Kristine said...

Love the photos! I have missed seeing the kids since being stupid neutropenic! I had my blood test today and hopefully my white blood cell count will be back to normal! Thanks for keeping your cute blog! I love looking at it!

Anonymous said...

Austin is hilarious on that vacuum! :)