Wednesday, February 20, 2008

President's Day weekend

Well we had a great holiday and were able to see alot of family that normally isn't around. Austin had a great time getting reaquainted with his cousins, and Todd and I got each other tickets to go to the Parade of Homes. We had a good time just hanging out together and hoped that all the walking around would get some contractions going, but nothing yet. We are finally getting the house in order, we have hung up a few pictures on the walls and most of the boxes are unpacked, just a few more book boxes. Austin loves his new room and is a little singer. He loves twinkle, twinkle little star and I am a child of God. He wanted me to sing them to him today while shopping for fabric at JOann's. Austin goes to sleep all by himself at night now, and knows that he needs to stay in his big boy bed even though he has free roam of his room after mom and dad say goodnight. Things are under control in the Gardner house, but we will see what happens when the new little one comes soon.

7 comments:

Christene said...

Rakel, this is Christene Houston from the Desert View Ward back in Vegas! I was so thrilled to see a link to your site on someone elses blog and seriously happy to see you're in a new home AND expecting a new little one! Congrats on all the wonderful things happening in your life. I'll look forward to hearing (in due time) all about your darling little girl!

Perry Family said...

Rakel!!! Don't know if you got my other comment from your previous post, but super excited about the new baby and new house! How's everything going in Utah? Hope it's all going great! Austin is getting so big! Congrats!

Melinda said...

It was so fun to see you guys this past weekend! Too bad that walking hasn't started your contractions!!! Maybe you should walk that hill to #5 house a few more times! HAHA Keep us posted! You better call us even if it's at 3 in the morning!!

JoEllen said...

When did you move Austin to a "big boy" bed? Is it a toddler bed? I hope this new little one comes soon. I imagine you're feeling ready! We're excited for you and anticipating the announcing post!

amy g said...

Austin is so cute, we miss him! We can't believe your baby is coming in less than a week!! Let us know when it happens, good luck with the VBAC!!!!

amy g said...

Hey Rakel, I just talked to Kristine and heard the new...March 6!!!! Can't wait for a new neice! Let us know how everything goes! We love you guys!

Kim said...

I keep looking at your blog to remember when you are due. I love your pregnancy calendar. Your house is beautiful. Austin is so cute and getting so big. Hope all goes well. Love you guys!