Tuesday, July 22, 2008

This and That

It only took me 4 months to do it but, I finally got a few decorations put up in Alayna's room. It is hard to decorate on a budget, but here is what I came up with. Not too fancy but it works for now.

Alayna is about 4 1/2 months old now. I can't believe that she is that big already. We started giving her rice cereal and she has caught on like a champ. She finally rolled over from her back to her tummy but she has yet to conquer the tummy to back. That is how Austin was also. I guess we are just backwards in this family (like you didn't know that already)!
We had made a visit to grandpa Christensen's house earlier that day. They stocked us up with the usual grocery bags of peppers and tomatoes. When I got home I just set the bags on the counter and tried to finish the laundry and put the kids down for naps. Nearing the end of the kids naps I started making dinner and then Austin woke up. He came out and while I was just finishing dinner Austin helped himself to a huge ripe tomato. Here is the proof. He is our little tomato boy.

We took Alayna swimming for her first time a few weeks ago and we didn't have a swim suit but we have all the accessories. She is a good eater and has the rolls to prove it. One of my fine accomplishments!
Austin is swimming like a little fish and we got him to jump off the diving board at Grandma Gardner's house. What a guy!


Here is my birthday cake FINALLY! If you ever wondered what the lotion from bath and body works called coconut lime verbena tastes like, here you go. It is called Put the Lime in the Coconut cake. Oh it is so good, and has won the way to the top of my cake list. But I have to say after us eating almost the entire thing, I could lay off it for a while. Needless to say my ankles are killing from all the running I had to do to get all those calories burned. (let me know if you have any hints for the hurting ankles)
Here are my two babes. Austin and Alayna. Alayna wasn't loving the whole pose thing too much.



15 comments:

Kristine said...

I have seen Alayna's room in person and it is darling...the photos don't do it justice! All the photos are so cute! I have such cute grandchildren!!

Mik'L said...

Cute room and kiddos. That picture of Austin biting right into the tomato is hilarious! And you need to post the recipe for that cake...sounds and looks yummy!

UrgentCookie said...

The room looks great! It's nice to see some pics of the cute kids also. :0)

Bobbi Simkins said...

it looks cute. im with you about decorating on a budget. i am horrible at decorating. so you've been running huh. the only suggestion i have for you is better shoes? mine are a year old and i need new ones. they say you should get new ones every 300 to 500 miles.

JoEllen said...

First of all - darling room to go with an even more darling 4 month old! Kudos on the rice cereal, good job mom! Secondly - I've read that sore ankles can mean your form is off. Double check your posture, make sure you're engaging your core the entire time and that you're landing on top of your knee/ankle at the farthest point of your stride. You should always be on top of your feet. Good luck!

Perry Family said...

Super cute room, and I can't believe how fast time goes! I REALLY need you to post the recipe for that cake...it sounds DELICIOUS!!!!! Hope you had a really good birthday!

LivingstonClan said...

Her room looks so cute--you are great at decorating! And that cake sounds YUM! You'll have to post the recipe--cuz I LOVE that Coconut Lime lotion. P.S. Cute dress in that last picture--I recognize it from somewhere...

Heather B said...

I LOVE the butterflies on her wall, how did you do that? Cute tomato picture too, fresh veggies sounds so good.

Unknown said...

Cute pics of her room... if you ever need more craft ideas, i'm not allowed to do ANYTHING else in Paytons it's so full so we can be crafty but i love it! Cute kids you guys have!

amy g said...

Her room is so cute! I will probably need your's and Melinda's help when that time comes for us. That cake looks SOOO good. yum, we might need the recipe! Troy and I decided that Alayna looks so much like you Rakel! She's no longer Austin's clone. I love that picture of Aust eating the tomato! it cracks me up! As for the ankles, I tend to have the same problem and just have to do long calf stretches and spell the alphabet with your foot to stengthen those ligaments and tendons.
Good luck!

Mindy said...

So you can tell I really do like blogs because you barley left my house and now I am reading your blog! Its really cute and fun to get to know you better. Love the tomatoes too! You know that lime in the coconut cake looks WAY good...thats just the kinda thing you might want to bring to a pot luck or something..wink!

jaesi said...

POST THAT CAKE RECIPE!!!!
it sounds sooo good.

cute room....

Tara Joy said...

Alayna's room really looks great. I am really jealous of the tomatoes. We have gotten 0, may I repeat, a big fat zero tomatoes from Dad this year. Which stinks cause all we have is a bunch of paste, grape and cherry ones.

Anda said...

Your blog is so cute! Her bedroom is cute, just right for her! I am excited to get to know you and work with you! see ya soon!

Nadine said...

good job on her room! it looks so cute. i can't believe austin eats tomatoes like apples. brener gag on them. must get it from me.